GOLD "left me thinking, ‘Comedy IS a place for me. I can do this’—and that’s priceless." – Holly Brockwell, Gadgette
Give the gift of GOLD! Purchase How To Do Comedy for a special joker in your life.
Do you want to:
- Make people LAUGH?
- Make people LISTEN?
- Make PEOPLE Magazine put you on the cover?
- Write, tell, and sell a JOKE
- Uncover and unleash your TRUE COMEDY PERSONA
- Assemble and perform a comedy SET
- Be your ALREADY FUNNY SELF
- A sense of your unique voice and lens on the world
- A grasp of joke structure and craft
- A round of feedback from a comedy pro
- An actual standup comedy set!
- The tools to help you apply what you've learned to ANY scenario you find yourself in
- A certificate of completion
- One less thing on your bucket list!
- Teen girls and anyone who identifies with teen girlhood in some way
Whether you want to AMPLIFY YOUR VOICE literally (with a mic!) or figuratively (build your confidence and presence!), this is the place (and safe space) for you!
By the end of this course, you will complete:
- The writing and refinement of (at least) 5 unique and original jokes, supported by expert feedback
- A presentation of your original comedy writing and performance for feedback from your friends and revision
- A final project: A 1-minute performance of original standup-style comedy, recorded on video for optional sharing
And, if you’re looking for ways to apply these skills to different parts of your life, don’t miss our special BONUS TRACKS to help you prep for real-life scenarios (including the sweaty scary ones—think college admissions, job interviews, and more!— in a way that’s appropriate, authentic, and, yes, funny.
GOLD Comedy founder
and the GOLD team
*grads of our F2F classes
GOLD Comedy is the go-to platform for teen girls** who want to turn their sense of humor into their superpower. We turn comedy norms on their head by putting girls first. Our digital training, content, and community help teen girls build skills and career pathways in today’s most relevant forms of humor—and help enlarge and diversify today’s pool of comedy creators.
** We welcome anyone who identifies as a teen girl or in some way with teen girlhood.
As seen on:
What others have been saying about this course:
A smart way to find your funny!
This course is great for explaining the "how" of comedy. Sure, folks tell you that you're funny, but how do you actually write jokes? What kinds of jokes are there? What are *you* the funniest at? This course is fun and encouraging and tells you h...
I have been in love with GOLD for a little while now, but this course really took things to the next level. Truly could not have been happier with the course. All the videos and writing assignments were so helpful, and they made the idea of being ...